Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, November 20, 2006

Catch Up

It's been over a week since my last posting, perhaps I needed a break? The plumbing fix is still holding, but every now and then we get a humming sound - not sure what's up with that but I hope it doesn't get any worse. Last Monday we ate the leftovers of a new dish we made on Sunday, "Mushroom Barley Stew with Biscuits". Not bad I guess. Next we made another new dish "Jasmine Rice" which was excellent, but I forgot to take a photo of it and it was so colorful with the red peppers and carrots. Even better was the next new dish we tried, "Spicy Peanut Noodles". We made from scratch the chili oil and the peanut sauce and it was awesome. We are really liking Asian cooking a lot!
Early Saturday morning I noticed that Harley was intensely looking at something on our forest path. A herd of about 10 or so deer were crossing over our path that leads to the dock. I managed to film a young one on the path with its mom hiding in the back. In January these same deer will no doubt be eating the buds of my hydrangeas and azaleas. The deer and rabbits are my worst garden offenders.
Saturday night we made a pizza pie from scratch - the dough, the sauce, the toppings and everything. It turned out to be the best pizza I have ever had, and it wasn't that hard to make. We used tomato sauce, deli-style mozzarella cheese, and our toppings were chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, oil cured olives and vegetarian pepperoni. We will definitely be making other pizzas and experimenting with new toppings. Sunday we went sailing but there wasn't much wind. But Andrew got to try out his new mainsheet block that he installed awhile back, and it works pretty good. This work week is very short for us - we only have to work 3 days and then it is the 4 day long weekend for Thanksgiving. Andrew is working on re-finishing the tiller for the sailboat and so we will be installing it this coming weekend if the varnishing goes ok.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi corey I tried to email you but it didnt work . Charlie had given me your email and your blog so this morning i read your blog and relized hey I can leave you a message and contact you this way.WOW i'm quick in the mornings.YES ITS ME LORI>HOW ARE YOU DOING GIRL> Here is my email loris40@shaw.ca and I am also started a blog lorisbloggerific.blogspot.com anyways the name is right youll find me its the same blogspot you are using. What a great way to keep in contact. Im going to figure out how to post pics so you can see everybody soon . say hi to andrew and take care. Daneille gots to go to skool so Ineed to go for now . chow

Tue Nov 21, 10:58:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home