Happiness is...a little green garden

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tomatoes are planted

After dinner this evening Andrew went off to "metal" band camp (his second band) and I went outside with the cats and got the tomatoes planted out. Love the longer days! I've got 6 tomatoes in 4 traditional square cages, and 5 tomatoes in 5 tomato ladders which I didn't know existed. It will be interesting to see which work out the best. I am thinking the cages, but then it might depend on the type of tomato being grown, whether it is shorter and bushy or taller and lanky. I also got my pepper planted - they should also be in cages I think but I don't have any for them. The bunnies or deer are starting to munch on my daylily plants which are just coming up now. I hope I don't lose them all. The coral bark maple is starting to show a bit of new green leaves. The contrast of the red bark and spring green leaves is very beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home