Happiness is...a little green garden

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gorgeous Day

Absolutely gorgeous day today after work. From my cube, I see no windows, and now that I don't smoke there is no need to go outside. So it is a nice pleasure to come home to 76 degrees and sunny on the deck. Time for a Peroni! The weekend after next we are off to Florence so I am trying to read up on the town to maximize my days there. Clearly there is too much to see in just one short week so I will have to pick and choose carefully. I am so excited - Florence is the art mecca of the world.



The garden is beginning to bloom now. The Yoshino cherries are out and just gorgeous. And of course the creeping/moss phlox, I have both pink and emerald blue. My tomatoes, peppers, basil and parsley are doing well in the greenhouse but with this increase in temps I think I need to get them all planted outside. I have ordered some tomato cages online and hopefully they show up next week before we take off. But regardless, I hope to get off my lazy butt and put them in the ground tomorrow. I did manage to not be lazy for the last few days and successfully saved 2 hydrangeas from a late frost by covering them up with an old sheet. I only had enough old sheets for 2, so my other 6 or so will most likely not have any blooms again, just like last year, when I had none! Saturday is forecast a chance of rain, so I think I'll go shopping in Greenville for some new clothes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Yeah you're blogging again. So Happy! We want Both of yo to blog. Thanks and have fun on your trip.

Sat Mar 29, 11:37:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home