Happiness is...a little green garden

Friday, July 27, 2007

New Kitchen Tools

The high quality stainless steel food mill and the Bron mandoline I ordered online arrived today. My collection of kitchen tools is expanding. The mandoline is supposed to be tricky to learn to use but once you have it done its the only one to have. Don't ask how much it costs. The food mill sellers were nice enough to include some seed packets for flowers and vegetables, I wasn't expecting that. I finished the Alice Waters book and have now started "Insatiable" by Gael Greene (borrowed from the library). So my foodie education continues, from a literary standpoint at least. This coming winter when the days are shorter I hope to do a lot more cooking, especially French. I finished spreading mulch to close the gap by the driveway after work today and have purchased some new trees and shrubs to plant in the back tomorrow. Andrew comes home tomorrow night! I'm enjoying reading his blog. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can go boating on Sunday. This week's episode of "So you think you can dance" was awesome. Loved loved loved the samba number so much that I had to order the song on iTunes. I ended up getting a whole album "Caviar Club: Finest lounge and club styles", which contains the single "Hip hip chin chin" by "Club des Belugas". It's playing right now on the stereo as I write this - it makes me want to dance. I guess those salsa and brazilian workouts are starting to get under my skin. Keep those hips moving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home