Happiness is...a little green garden

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Getting Old

Andrew surprised me and came home around 6:00pm last night. He said he was all partied out from the night before. He is looking forward to getting the beamer back. Recently I had my yearly eye appointment and now I am wearing bi-focal contact lenses. I didn't know such things existed but they are working great. Previously I had always backed off on the strength to see long distance clearly so I would be able to still see close up (which is critical for all the reading and computer work I do each day). So it is really great to now be able to see crystal clear long distance and also close up. I also finally got myself a new pair of regular glasses (not bi-focal, just regular). My last pair were from about 16 years ago and were too weak. Strange though - I can read and see long distance with the glasses, so I don't know why I need bi-focal contacts yet can have regular glasses. Anyways, now I can wear these on the long flight over to Italy so I won't have to sleep in my contacts which I hate doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Tell me about it! Getting old eyes that is. Mine seem to get worse every few days. Need to go in for new glasses, but am trying to wait till I get on Brad's extended medical after he retires. For 1 year.

Sun Mar 30, 12:12:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home