Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, July 23, 2007

It's Not the Beaver

Oh that Harley, she just owns the tower and looks down upon us floor dwellers with such disdain. I managed to get a shot of Sidney playing and then she spotted me filming her and immediately stopped. It is very tough to photograph the cats let alone catch their antics in a movie. This afternoon we went down to the dock to pick blueberries. Someone or something is eating the blueberries because each time I go down there are only about 10 berries ripe enough to eat. I was hoping to get enough for one batch of muffins but looks like we'll be SOL this year. So while sitting on the unused canoe sipping a beer, watching the cats eat grass and remembering the good old days when we weren't in a drought and we could canoe everyday and even motor the powerboat to our dock, I noticed something quite large (for a critter) wiggling the grass plants as it made its way from the shore out towards the beaver pond. I thought I'd finally get a sighting of the elusive beaver but it turned out to be a young raccoon forging for supper. After awhile it came quite close to the dock so I kept very quiet and still and was able to get some footage. I have to respect those nature photographers, they must be the most patient people on earth. Then we walked around the yard - I finished spreading out the rest of the mulch bags and came up short. When Andrew gets back we'll have to get some more. I am also looking forward to finishing up the rest of the brick path this fall and then I won't get muddy feet walking to the compost bin. Andrew just emailed me to let me know he has finally started his own blog: itrekker.blogspot.com. Finally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home