Happiness is...a little green garden

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

At Work

Here I am blogging at work today. I have put up some mirrors in my cube at the research park to help make it look bigger and also so I can see if anyone is sneaking up on me. I love my dual monitor display, and I have a place for my mac laptop as well (which is where I do my blogging and photo/movie work). After work yesterday we went to the BiLo to get a going away gift card for our neighbours who are moving back to California. On the drive back we saw a guy in the road right by our turnoff, waving us all into a single lane. There was smoke and fire on the side of the road where a tree had fallen onto a powerline in the strong winds of the approaching thunder storm. The powerline was on the ground causing a small fire, which in the windy conditions was getting bigger. Fortunately we heard and saw the volunteer fire department truck on its way. When we pulled up to our garage, sure enough the power was out. I can't believe how many power outages we have around here. The BBQ for the neighbours started off in the dark, but then the power came on later so Matt was able to microwave the baked beans. We got some really good rains for the garden, but overall we are now into serious drought. We left the BBQ around 9:30 and then watched Hell's Kitchen - this is one of our favorite shows right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arminius said...

Your office sounds pretty nice for a cubicle.

Tue Jun 26, 12:54:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home