Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, February 12, 2007

Yet Another Soup

Yesterday morning the yard was temporarily invaded by a huge flock of grackles. I tried to get a movie but the moment I opened the kitchen door they flew up to the trees. In the movie you can hear the noise they make. Thankfully they don't roost overnight in our yard, they just seem to come through every now and then. We went grocery shopping and then got a load of mulch that I spread out while Andrew set up his drums in the bedroom. Then he got a good 2 hour practice in while the cats and I were outside doing yard work. Last night we made a really good lentil soup, I got the recipe from the Barefoot Contessa website at the Food Network. The soup called for a little wine at the end, and so Andrew got a nice bottle of Shiraz (purchased on Saturday of course because heaven forbid we should be able to buy alcohol on Sunday). He wants to start learning more about wines and so we are going to buy nice bottles when we need some for cooking and then he can drink the rest. I want to at least develop a taste for wine so I had a little too, but I am still liking beer much better. I think he should start his own blog on learning about wines - he could take photos of each bottle and write some notes on each, such as how it tastes, the price, what food goes with it, etc. It would be a nice record to look back on because I would think that with all the wines in the world it would be pretty easy to start confusing them, especially since at least in the beginning, a lot of them will taste quite similar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene & Brad said...

I vote for Andrew doing a wine blog! Go Andrew! and one of your first leasons... Don't use your legs to help open the wine bottle. HA HA HA

Thu Feb 15, 10:51:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home