Happiness is...a little green garden

Friday, January 26, 2007

New Soup

I made a new soup last night: White Bean with Roasted Garlic. It is an italian style soup using crushed fennel seed and fresh sage for seasoning. I had never roasted garlic before and this recipe called for 2 whole heads of garlic (about 20 cloves), which I thought was rather a lot. But the roasting really mellows the garlic flavor so it was not as bad as it seems. Andrew loved the soup so this one is a keeper. Yeah another week of workouts is behind me. I confess that it is still very difficult to get out of my warm bed into the cold morning air, but I am so far sticking to it. After the workout the house almost seems too hot, so it is all relative. I am also keeping up with my lunchtime campus walks - in this cold weather I can walk really fast without breaking a sweat so my legs are definitely getting a good stretch after sitting in my office chair all morning. Tonight Andrew has a gig to play at the 356 club. His drum instructor says he is good enough now to consider adding a drum solo to a song or two. He'll have to run that by his band mates to get their opinion first! The weather tomorrow is forecast to be 60 degrees and mostly sunny, with a west wind between 5 and 13 mph so we'll go sailing if Andrew is up to it after his late night tonight. We need to get more practice in before our next set of lessons in March. We watched the DVD 'Little Miss Sunshine' last night - it was really funny and had us laughing out loud in parts, so I recommend this one. It was nominated for best picture, but I doubt it will win since its competition in that category is pretty tough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene & Brad said...

Can you send me the receipe? It sounds great!

Wed Jan 31, 12:02:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Corey said...

Yes I will send it in email. It is really good, even next day heated up.

Fri Feb 02, 06:57:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home