Happiness is...a little green garden

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Nervous Nellie

We were out sailing today under pretty windy conditions - beaufort force 4. We had 2 reefs in the mainsail thankfully, but we were unable to tack because the 2 reefs caused the main to be underpowered. Previously when we've had 2 reefs we were able to tack, so I don't know why exactly we couldn't tack today. I didn't like this at all - it is analogous to not being able to turn left while driving. Also the weather was forecasting a very strong front to come in tomorrow and I was thinking that it might be coming in now - the wind was quite strong and gusty. So I told Andrew I wanted to go in, and thankfully he agreed. Other boats were going in too, so I don't feel too bad. Of course Andrew was a little peeved because that meant we only had a 1 hour sail, but tough! He needs to find another guy to sail with so they can be all gung ho and crazy ha ha. Last weekend Andrew got a call from the Keowee Sailing Club. They had reviewed his application and asked him to come meet the members at their board meeting. Andrew was approved and now he is on the waiting list (probably 1 year). Once he is in, we can move the boat to Lake Keowee and he'll have lots of sailing guys to sail with and heel over in windy conditions. Maybe after I get more experience I won't be as nervous when the boat heels - who knows. Tonight it is home made pizza for dinner with beer and a movie. We'll be watching the remake of 'Miami Vice', which I don't have high expectations for - you can't beat the original Crocket and Tubbs I say! Andrew reports he played his best ever last night at the 356 club. Even his fellow band members told him so. Perhaps it is time for that solo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene & Brad said...

remember when you were in love with Don Johnson, I think it was around 86.

Wed Jan 31, 12:01:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Corey said...

Yes!! He was the first (possibly only) TV guy that I had a huge crush on. I remember telling my mom about it: hey mom this don johnson guy is really really cute!! she was always like: i can't understand a thing that's going on in this show, i don't know why you and your dad like it so much. too funny.....

Fri Feb 02, 06:56:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home