Happiness is...a little green garden

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Rainy Sunday

It has been raining pretty much all day today, so we've only been outside to go grocery shopping. Even the cats have spent the day inside and I think they are a little bored. Andrew finished up with the installation of our new surround sound speaker system. We purchased 3 shorter bookshelves to put in between the 2 taller ones, and that meant we needed to finally upgrade our speakers. The ones we had been using were Andrew's from when he was a teenager (amazing they still work after going to Texas and then South Carolina). So now we have a pretty good home theater system and lots and lots of storage space. There are 3 speakers in the bookcases, and 2 more that are by the fireplace, and a subwoofer by the tv. In the photo you can see Andrew doing his favorite thing - couch computing.
Yesterday the weather was pretty decent and Andrew chopped down some trees encroaching into our yard from the forest while I spread out some mulch to smother weeds. It is much easier to get Andrew to help with yard work if it involves purchasing a new power tool. In this case we got a chain saw which made short work of the tree trunks. The chain kept coming off which was a little frustrating but in the end the job was done and from now on I will not let the little trees grow so big before I chop them down.
January 18 marked 1 year of no smoking for me which I find hard to believe sometimes. I really didn't think I would ever quit smoking. Using that success as motivation, this year I really want to get in shape. So every workday morning I have been getting up at 6 and doing a home workout in the living room. I alternate between the Cindy Crawford 'Next Challenge' and a beginner step video. Even though it has only been a few weeks, I can notice a difference in my strength and endurance. Hopefully I can keep this fitness routine up and lose some weight too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home