Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, November 27, 2006

Greenhouse almost complete

The greenhouse project is almost complete. Over the past few weeks I've been staining the wood. On Friday we assembled it in about 4.5 hours (be warned: this movie is a very large download). There was a lot of arguing but that just seems to be the way we work. In the end it was up and it wasn't falling over so that's all that counts. Saturday and Sunday we worked on putting in a center brick pathway and Andrew finished up the water and electrical connections. It is not the best picture here of Andrew but lately he tells me he thinks he is getting stupider so you never know (ha ha just joking). The last thing to do for the greenhouse is to get a load of pea gravel to fill in the rest of the floor and then we are done. I still need to assemble the benches but that is something I can do on my own at my own pace. Our next big garden project is to finish installing the brick paths and then all the major hardscaping of the yard will be completed. Andrew also installed another pressure regulator valve since we couldn't get rid of the humming in the pipes. This time we bought walkie-talkies so we could communicate better rather than trying to yell at each other through the floor. The communication was excellent except that Andrew was cracking me up by saying 'Over' at the end of each sentence rather than at the end of each of his transmissions. Luckily he couldn't hear me laughing, but it sure was funny. So far the new pressure valve is giving us 55 psi with no humming. Tonight we made our second home made pizza - his half (with real meat) and her half (vegetarian). Once again, it was most excellent. It's great to be able to control exactly what you want on the pizza. This time we tried using smoked mozarella and baby portabello mushrooms which are far superior in taste to the regular white button mushrooms. Andrew says they remind him of mushrooms he used to eat in Poland. I think next time I will use regular mozarella - I think the smoked flavor is lost when used in a pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home