Happiness is...a little green garden

Thursday, August 03, 2006

RTFM

After work today I mowed the grass, then spread out 4 bags of cornmeal to combat the brown patch fungus on the lawn, and swept up the mulch that was dislodged in the rain we had on Wednesday early evening. I got home pretty late from work yesterday and missed the storm, but it must have come down heavy because the cats were wet when they came inside for dinner and my "rain indicator" tree trunk was soaked through (this tree trunk is protected from normal rain by branches and leaves, and so if this trunk gets completed soaked, I know it was a hard drenching rain). I was reading the manual for my camera the other night and discovered that it has a digital macro function. Geez - and I've been trying to take closeups of our dinners all this time without it - loser!! So today I shot several test macro photos after mowing the grass. It worked pretty well I think. In the photos (click them to make them larger) you can see closeups of the Muskogee (light purple) and Hopi (medium pink) crepe myrtles and another of a moth (or butterfly?) of some type on another flower. Immediately after I photographed this moth, Harley pounced on it and ate it. What is it with eating moths? Sidney does the same thing. I think Harley learned to eat moths by watching Sidney. Tonight for dinner I am going to make rice, red beans and cabbage. Then I might watch a movie, or tv. Working in the yard in this heat and humidity is tiring. PS: Just after I posted this entry, a big pop up rain storm showed up and so I tried to call in the cats. I brought my camera and was able to catch a fast running Harley, but Sidney unfortunately was far away from our yard and she was soaked by the time she came in (about 15 minutes later).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home