Happiness is...a little green garden

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New Things

I finished the autobiography of the Dalai Lama last night . Tibet sure got a raw deal from China and I really doubt there will ever be peace for Tibet. My knees are doing much better now. The rest, while frustrating, has worked and by next week I will be able to start exercising again. I have lost 13 pounds so far (slow but steady) and I am feeling very healthy. I recommend everyone read "The China Study". The idea is that all animal products (meat, fish, dairy, etc.) actually promote disease in our bodies and we should therefore follow a plant based, whole foods diet. That basically sums up the diet choices I am making and I do feel really good. I have not had meat since March and I honestly do not miss it at all. The only animal product I still enjoy is cheese, but I try to save it for really good quality cheeses in meals where the cheese really makes the dish. I also like Starbucks Lattes - I finally tried a soy latte yesterday morning and it was awful. So I will be sticking with the milk lattes. We bought some soy icecream on the weekend and it tastes excellent. Way better than I thought it would.

Last night we made a new dish "Black Bean Chili Pot Pie" and this one is a keeper. Just a medley of beans, corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes and garlic with a corn bread topping - very easy to make. I am going to start a binder of all the keeper recipes with photos so meal planning will be much easier when we don't feel like experimenting with new dishes.

Andrew and I went shopping after work today and he picked up his new drum set and I found a neat salt & pepper set and some towels at Pottery Barn. My amazon book order came in this afternoon - I am starting to get back into reading and I like it! I am currently reading "Under the Tuscan Sun" and have almost finished "The China Study", with that one I want to take some notes and put them up on the fridge.
PS: The timestamp on this post is incorrect, it should be 9:44pm. Blogger.com was having troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home