Happiness is...a little green garden

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Good Chianti


I modified a cannelloni recipe to use manicotti shells and it turned out really good, but then anything with bechamel sauce is going to be good. Am trying to get to like wine to join the crowd, so I thought I'd buy a bottle of good chianti. The label made me laugh and really did make me buy it - good marketing. The wine wasn't bad but then I am not a good judge and well truthfully kept thinking I'd rather have a beer. But perhaps if I keep at it wine will start to taste good.
It rained a lot last night so the yard got a good watering after all the cold and dry weather. Today is rainy, and tomorrow they are predicting sun and 70 degrees - now that's more like it. Yesterday and today we are fixing things around the house that are breaking (window balances, sliding glass door latches, garage door) and organizing/cleaning. I've got a bit of a cold so best just to stay inside and get some stuff done.