Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve Dinner

The prime rib turned out excellent - nicely medium rare to rare - just the way I like it. The yorkshire puddings didn't fall and the gravy wasn't too bad after I added in some salt. It seems I can never make a good gravy, but Mindy tells me it is because I don't add enough salt. I shudder to think how much salt must be in restaurant gravy! Roast potatoes and green beans rounded out the meal very nicely. I actually had some wine with dinner and I must admit it wasn't that bad. For dessert Mindy made a blueberry pie and it turned out great. She says she has never made a pie from scratch before. Blueberry is pretty easy so it is a good one to start with. After dinner I tried Andrew's new scotch but didn't care for it at all. It must be an acquired taste, Mindy and Andrew both love it. So once again I just had a few beers, and, once again, I am the first up this morning while the bozos are still sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home