Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, May 22, 2006

Barbaro

Unbelievable what happened to Barbaro at the Preakness. We did not watch it live and just heard about it today. We tivo'd the PBS newshour and saw the footage. His right rear ankle looked like rubber. Apparently after a successful surgery he still has only a 50-50 chance of surviving. Best wishes Barbaro!
On Saturday night we watched the DVD "Munich". It was a pretty good movie. Made me glad that I am not a secret agent - I couldn't stand the pressure. After work today I mowed the grass and Andrew drilled a hole in the foundation for the electrical pipe for the greenhouse. I still have yet to order the greenhouse! The photo is the last azalea of mine for the season. "Last" means that it is the latest bloomer in my yard. It is a very pretty clear light pink and never seems to get attacked by the mites/aphids/whatever that attack my other azaleas. Maybe I will learn how to propagate it once I have my greenhouse. Unfortunately I have no idea what cultivar it is. The boat is still in the driveway. Andrew wasn't feeling that great yesterday so we just took it easy after doing the grocery shopping. Hopefully we can launch it soon! Dinner tonight was just leftovers. For desert I had some of my favorite raspberry chocolate from Whole Foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home