Happiness is...a little green garden

Friday, April 28, 2006

TGIF

Andrew is at a band camp rehearsal in preparation for next weekend's big night. After work I puttered around outside. The side yard is starting to fill in nicely now. I was also watering plants and sorting out garden hoses (or hose pipes as they are called down here). The storage box we bought a couple of years ago has busted so I coiled up the hoses and stored them under the deck for now. I wish they could make things that would last for 10 years. In this disposable world everything is made from cheap plastic.

Andrew and I had a lunch date today and went to a new place called Moe's for burritos. They are just like the ones we used to eat all the time in Bryan, Texas. Love the veggie burrito. Even back in Texas 10 years ago I would only eat the veggie burrito, never the steak burrito like Andrew. Maybe it's a sign.

This weekend I would like to go to the new Whole Foods store that just opened up on Wednesday in Greenville. It is a new healthy grocery store that is supposed to be pretty good, full of organic foods and hopefully it will offer more choices than what I have at the local BiLo. But we also have to fix the leak in the roof, and I am sure Andrew will want to get in a bit of sailing. He is just dying to try out the spinnaker. And of course I always want to do a little yard work. So it should be a good weekend. The forecast earlier this week was for rain on the weekend, but now it has changed to partly cloudy with only a 30% chance of rain on Sunday. I would have liked some rain since we are only about 4" short until we can canoe. Hopefully May will bring more rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home