Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, September 25, 2006

Tea Olive

The weather is perfect and I am enjoying my lunch hour walks. I took a few photos around campus. The clock tower is called 'Tillman Hall' and is a university landmark. This building was dedicated on July 18, 1891 and the clock chimes every 15 minutes with its 47-bell carillon, the largest in the state. I made it to the botanical garden again and took a look around the pond area where several ducks and geese live. Everywhere is the intense fragrance of the Tea Olive. I just love this scent - so powerful from such a small little flower. The secret is that there are thousands of these little flowers and thus the scent is able to waft for quite aways. I felt like a blood hound tracking down the bushes to take a photo. I have 3 of these plants in my garden but they are no where near the size of the ones in the botanical garden. I might have to resite mine after seeing the conditions of those in the botanical garden - I don't think mine are getting enough sun or water. I am continuing to work on my Washington DC photos a little at a time. Tonight I will also be watching the Marie Antoinette documentary on PBS. Sofia Coppola has a new movie out of the same name. I really liked her 'Lost in Translation' movie and so I would like to know a little about the history of Marie Antoinette before watching the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home