Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, September 18, 2006

Healthy Lunches

I just finished making the lunches for today. We pretty much have the same thing everyday for lunch. I make a mixed salad with spinach and several types of lettuces, although this week there is no spinach since all spinach has been pulled from all grocery store shelves across the country due to the E. coli outbreak. The salad dressing is Newman's Own oil and vinegar. We also have red seedless grapes, carrots, and bananas. I put an apple in mine but Andrew doesn't like eating apples, he says they are too messy. He will eat an apple if I slice it for him, but that doesn't work for lunches since it would turn all brown. Dessert is a couple of homemade cookies - this week they are oatmeal raisin. Sometimes I put in something extra, like this morning I put in 2 small slices of baguette with humus spread I made on Saturday. Everything fits nicely into containers and then into our lunch bags, along with a frozen ice pack to keep things cool. If Andrew needs more food he goes to the food court and gets something else, such as sushi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home