Happiness is...a little green garden

Friday, June 02, 2006

Gig night

Tonight Andrew has another band camp gig at Pitchers on the Lake. They don't start until 10:00pm and will be playing until 2:00am. I will be taking some movies if I can. The band liked the other movie I shot before. It is going to be a very late night for us since we are usually in bed by 10:30-11:00 during the week. Taking last Monday off was definitely the right idea. We had a great time on the lake, just reading books, and motoring around. Andrew took a video of me driving. You can see the new belly rider tube thing we bought on Sunday tied up on the back. Andrew had a good time riding it - I wish I could have shot a video of that, but I had to drive the boat. I look fat in the video but I am trying to work on that! I have actually done 3 morning workouts this week. We have been doing some yard work after school and most of the big chores are getting done. Andrew helped by cutting down a few tree limbs that were getting too big. Some of the asiatic lilies are blooming now as you can see in the picture. We made a new dish this week that Andrew picked out: Rice with Nuts and Dried Fruits. It wasn't too bad I guess, but it reminded me more of something you would have as a side dish at a holiday dinner rather than a main course meal. Another dish we made was Orzo Pilaf with Red Peppers and Peas, and that one is a keeper. Very creamy and I loved the roasted red peppers. I forgot to take a photo of that one though. We watched another DVD: In Her Shoes. Another chick flick that I enjoyed and Andrew groaned through. A big thunderstorm is nearly on top of our house right now. Judging from the satellite and radar images it could be huge. Luckily Andrew's gear is inside at the bar rather than on the outdoor patio. Hopefully I will have some band video to upload tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home