Happiness is...a little green garden

Monday, April 16, 2007

Relay for Life

Friday night Andrew and his band played at the Relay for Life benefit on the campus behind the library. They were on from about 7:00pm to about 9:00pm. Andrew figures he had a little bit of stage fright since he thinks he messed up several times. I didn't hear any mistakes but perhaps I can't pick them out as easily. I made a couple of movies, here and here. The sound wasn't that great on this camera so realize that in person things sounded way better. I tried filming more in the front but I got blown away by the amps. The organizers had set up all the luminaries to create this very large walking square that the participants would walk throughout the night until the next morning (12 hours straight I think). I made a luminary for Bernie and actually found it later on in the evening when they were all lit up and I went around for a lap or two. They are going to raise a ton of money for cancer research based on the number of luminaries out there, plus they had lots of corporate sponsors and other fund raising activities. We left after tearing down the drums (I play the part of roadie) since Andrew still had to pack for Europe that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home