Happiness is...a little green garden

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Road Trip

Well, this morning we are off to Pensacola FL for a week of sailing lesson from Lanier Sail. We'll be learning coastal cruising and bareboat chartering. And the whole trip is being paid for with our savings from quitting smoking, so it is like a free vacation. We are driving down and staying tonight at Pensacola Beach right on the Gulf of Mexico so I'll be able to put my toes in the sand, and then for the next 5 nights we'll be sleeping on a 40 foot sailboat. We have no idea what to expect - will it be squishy? will we get seasick? will we pass the tests? will I not freak out when the boat heels over? Unfortunately Andrew's cold is still hanging around which is such a drag. I haven't caught it yet thankfully, I am taking tons of vitamin C to try to ward it off. The cats are staying at Miss Kitty's for the week, such a lovely holiday for them, stuck in a little room, but at least they are safe and looked after. I will be taking lots of photos and a few movies, I can't take the computer so I must be careful not to use up my memory cards too quickly - I want to get a few movies of the actual sailing in the Gulf. The weather looks to be ok for the week so it should be fun!! See ya later.....

1 Comments:

Blogger lorisblogeriffic said...

Hey corey have a good trip and have fun sailing ill be looking forward to your blog when you get back lori

Wed Mar 21, 10:46:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home