Happiness is...a little green garden

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pool Night turns into Golf Afternoon

Last night we played pool on our regular Monday night league at the Spot, a bar on Ram Cat Alley in downtown Seneca. I won my match but Andrew lost his (it was a close one though!). Andrew and I were thinking of taking the summer off from playing each Monday since we have been doing it for about 5 years now. It turns out that John (the former captain) was forming a new team last night and didn't want me and Andrew on it! So now I am wondering if we can join back up in the fall? I guess we will see. I don't quite know how I feel about this development - I guess my feelings are a little hurt that we weren't included, but at the same time we were just saying earlier in the car ride to the Spot that we should take the summer off. Very strange timing - did we just project these events into fruition, or was it just a coincidence? Anyways, we have 3 more nights to play and then it will be over, unless we draw the wildcard spot for the playoffs.


I think we might try substituting golf for the pool, so each Monday after work we can go to the driving range and the par 3. That will be a nice change of pace and a lot more healthier than hanging out in a bar. I was in a golf tournament on Friday, March 31, 2006 playing with 3 guys from work in best-ball format. I am on the team because I drive from the ladies tees and usually beat the guys, so we end up taking my drive. Obviously we aren't the best golfers! We always come in last place but we have a great time anyways. The last time I hit a ball before this tournament was a year ago. If I could practice once a week my game will be better for the next tournament in May. Maybe we'll shoot par rather than 4 over.


One other thing - we tried out the new Heineken Light beer at the Spot and it was pretty good. Finally they have come out with this. Heineken is my "gardening beer" and I go through quite a bit of it in the summer. With the light version, just think of all the calories I will save!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home