Happiness is...a little green garden

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Orange-Ginger Tofu Triangles

On March 23, 2006 I decided to try eating as a vegan (or as close as possible). This means no animal products, including all dairy and eggs. So far it has been a very tasty experience and not difficult to adapt to. Andrew is still eating as an omnivore so I just try to add in some meat at the end of the dish for his portion only. But mostly he is starting to eat vegan too since it is just simpler that way, and it is better for his heart. Tonight I made Tofu Triangles from The Voluptuous Vegan by Myra Kornfeld and George Minot. I am letting them marinate overnight and will bake them tomorrow morning. The marinade is made with orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, rice vinegar and hot pepper flakes. I did not use cilantro as specified because I don't like it. Didn't use the chipolte chiles either. The marinade tasted excellent and I am expecting the baked results to be terrific. It will be a nice snack for tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was linguine with a homemade tomato sauce (recipe from Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis). I put a little leftover hamburger in Andrew's portion and also grated a little parmesan cheese on top. That tomato sauce is so good that just noodles and sauce is all I need.

Today in the garden I planted up 6 small verbenas, 3 purple lantanas and 2 small thyme plants. There are so many weeds to pull. Sometimes it is a little overwhelming! The weather was partly to mostly cloudy in the mid 60s. Around 4:00am we had a big thunderstorm come through, so everything got a nice watering. We signed up for sewer summer use adjustment since NOAA is predicting pretty dry conditions this year. Unlike last year when I didn't have to water the grass once, I think we will be using the sprinklers alot this summer.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home